Friday, June 16, 2017

This Week in the Garden: Winter Wandering and Wet Walkies


Winter darkens the days and the last of the pretty autumn leaves are starting to wither, but spring is already advertising the promise of good things to come with fat and fuzzy buds. Nature never ceases to amaze me!  I like looking for little things like this during our dreary months. As with my comments in last week's post, it's what keeps the winter gloom from dragging me down!  I've done absolutely nothing in the garden this week, but with the dogs I'm still out for walking/running in nature everyday even if I don't spend time in our garden. It's been too cold and soggy for garden chores. Our brief spells of clear weather and wicked winds haven't been enough to dry things out between rain and dew on these short soggy days midyear.  Soon, I hope, as things could really use a rake, weed, and tidy-up out there! What's happening in and around your garden this week? Whatever your garden/green news, we would love to hear about it. Please leave a comment or post us a message on the GiRL Facebook page. I look forward to sharing our garden with you as it grows.  P.S. Green in Real Life is now on Instagram! Join us there for my photos from our garden and beyond. ❀ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks ever so much for leaving us a comment! We read every one and appreciate you taking the time to say hello and share your thoughts.