Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Here & Now


It's time for our April Here & Now post as part of the monthly link-up hosted by Sarah of Say! Little Hen. You can find all of this month's participants and their links in the April Here & Now at Say! Little Hen to explore what's happening in everyone's Here & Now - please join us if you wish!  I am currently:

Loving //  Warm and sunny autumn days whenever we're lucky enough to have them.
Eating // Fresh coriander from the autumn garden in everything. Mmm...
Drinking //  Some fresh feijoa juice might be in order with all the fruit falling right now.
Feeling // Like my to-do list is getting a little out of control. 
Making //  A flower press! It's ready for a test run of pressing when the weather clear for collection.
Thinking //  Whether I should buy some Easter eggs. With no (human) children in the house, they're just a naughty temptation.
Dreaming //  Of the smell of freshly baked bread after seeing Sarah's post.

Curious to see more?  Let's stay in touch! You can follow along here at Green in Real Life (links on the sidebar) for my urban garden adventures with a sprinkle of everyday greener living, drop by Creativity Unmasked for my creative and crafty side, or head to the dogs at Dalmatian DIY for homemade treats, toys, and other pet posts. See you again soon! 

6 comments:

  1. My two feijoa trees have the grand total of 10 fruit. Luckily a friend has given us a huge bag of them. I am thinking i may need to try this hot cross byn recipe:

    http://chelseawinter.co.nz/hot-cross-buns/

    Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling - our feijoas are courtesy of the neighbours. Thank you for sharing a recipe link. I enjoy the juice, but also don't know what else to do with them. Not having grown up here, I have zero experience cooking/baking with feijoa fruit. I mastered the tamarillo last year...perhaps this year will be the year of the feijoa! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, you've reminded me that I have some little viola flowers in my flower press that would be ready to take out. They've been in there a long time! What flowers are you going to try in your flower press? Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violas are always a favourite to press, aren't they? So lovely. It's pretty nasty here at the moment, so my flower pressing options might depend on what's still salvageable after Cyclone Cook (or wait for new blooms). I'd like to hibernate for the next few days, but the dogs will want to go adventuring no matter now nasty the weather. Thank goodness for good raingear!

      Delete
  3. I say buy those Easter Eggs ;-)
    Your garden is looking Autumnal, I hope the rain has stopped a bit for you now.
    Have fun with your flower press & thanks so much for joining in again!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had more sunny/warm days through autumn thus far than we had during our dismal summer, but it's been rather hit and miss. Cyclone (or ex-cyclone) Cook is just starting to hit here so that should keep us soggy and blustery through until Easter. Maybe I do need to dash out and buy a few eggs...just in case of chocolate emergency. ;)

      Delete

Thanks ever so much for leaving us a comment! We read every one and appreciate you taking the time to say hello and share your thoughts.