Thursday, November 10, 2016

Here & Now


It's time for the November Here & Now post as part of the monthly link-up hosted by  Sarah of Say! Little Hen.  You can find this month's links in the November Here & Now at Say! Little Hen to explore what's happening in everyone's Here & Now - please join us if you wish!  I am currently:

Loving //  Little baby fruit growing on my trees.  Hooray!  Now, to see if I can save them from the birds and bugs.
Eating //   Coconut Rough while silently cursing/thanking hubby for bringing chocolatey temptation into the house.
Drinking //  Nothing at the moment, but I think that a nice glass of red wine will be in order this evening.
Feeling //  Grateful for the sacrifices others have made for our peace and freedom on the eve of Remembrance/Armistice Day.
Making //  Christmas tags and wrapping.
Thinking //  That I really need to get moving on my Christmas shopping...
Dreaming // Of sunshine on yet another wet spring day.

Since last month's Here & Now, all of those beautiful blossoms have given way to glossy green leaves and started to transform into wee little fruits.  The summer veggie garden has been partly planted, and my potting bench is covered in an untidy but efficient mess of potting soil filled egg cartons sprouting more seedlings for later transplant. I've started my Christmas crafting/shopping, but am feeling very behind  indeed as the days zip past.  Today's  Here & Now post is double-hatting as our weekly garden update as there will be no Garden Week post tomorrow as we'll be offline for Remembrance Day. Lest we forget.

Curious to see more?  Let's stay in touch! You can follow along here at Green in Real Life (links on the sidebar) for my urban garden adventures with a sprinkle of everyday greener living, drop by Creativity Unmasked for my creative and crafty side, or head to the dogs at Dalmatian DIY for homemade treats, toys, and other pet posts. See you again soon! 


12 comments:

  1. How exciting to have those little fruits arriving! You garden is looking so lush.
    I'd be happy to trade some of our sunshine (hot, 37C and climbing sunshine!) for your rain.

    How do you find growing in egg cartons goes? I tried it once but found it dried my soil out too much, and keeping the water up to the seedlings was quite tricky. Maybe I should try again.

    Thank-you so much for joining in again Laura!

    Sarah x

    PS enjoy that coconut rough - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the egg cartons would have worked for me in Australia either but they seem o be alright here in the wetter cooler spring climate. I'm only use the cartons for seedlings that could be direct sown, so that helps too but right now I having more trouble trying to keep everything from floating away in the rain! My potting bench is sheltered but not under cover so nature is more than keeping the water up for me.

      Delete
  2. Look at all your fruit. I still have lemons on my tree, and the mandarin has it's first lot of flowers. My tamarillo hasn't flowered this year, so fingers crossed Spring 2017 it does so I can get my first lot of home grown ones.

    Such a beautiful day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our citrus is in flower as well at the moment and it smells great whenever the breeze floats by the little trees (they're potted on my patio). I've haven't tried growing tamarillo, maybe someday! :) Good luck!

      Delete
  3. You must be looking forward to harvesting some of your fruits when they ripen, Laura. I think it's a real treat to pick fresh fruits from your own trees and eat them when they are still warm from the sun! I love coconut rough but I haven't made any for such a long time. Might put that on my weekend to-do list. I did make some white chocolate rocky road for my husband's birthday recently. It had coconut in it. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I do love eating from my little garden, although most of our plants are still young, so everything is a special treat since yields are still small.

      Delete
  4. It's great to see your blossoms turning into beautiful fruit for you to enjoy very soon Laura. Good luck with your Christmas shopping :)
    https://missfoodfairy.com/2016/11/16/here-now-november-2016/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole and very nice to meet you via "Here & Now". I just tried to leave a comment on your post but Gravatar glitched as I was posting so I'm not sure if it worked. I'll check back soon and repost if needed. My computer seems to have a case of Friday-itis at the moment...I think its a sign that I need to spend a little time outside!

      Delete
  5. Yay, strawberries in bloom... your garden looks amazing... Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anja, and it was my pleasure to explore your Here & Now. :)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous post! It's all so inspiring...I do love Spring and all the new growth in the garden :-) I know what you mean - the year is going by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ever so much for leaving us a comment! We read every one and appreciate you taking the time to say hello and share your thoughts.