Monday, January 16, 2017

Here & Now


Hello again, blog friends and lovely readers, and a very happy new year to you all!  It's time for our January Here & Now post as part of the monthly link-up hosted by Sarah of Say! Little Hen. What batter way to catch you up on what's been happening in our little part of the world over the last month while we've been on a holiday blogging break?  You can find all of this month's links in the January Here & Now at Say! Little Hen to explore what's happening in everyone's Here & Now - please join us if you wish!  I am currently:

Loving // Long hours of daylight.
Eating //  Fresh blackberries from the garden.
Drinking //  Coffee...again... :)
Feeling // Refreshed after a quiet family holiday staycation and my blogging break.
Making // Valentines. How time flies!
Thinking // Of projects, plans, to-dos, and things to tackle for 2017.
Dreaming //  Of what this new year might bring.

Since last month's Here & Now, I have to sadly confess that very little has changed in the garden.  Our weather is still unseasonably cool and wet, so things are very slow to mature this summer.  There is a small trickle of ripening berries coming from the garden patch, but the rest of the fruit is still small (but growing) and my summer veggies are incredibly bushy but around a month behind the normal development for the actual tomatoes, capsicum, chilies, etc.  The garden fresh goodies in Julie's Here & Now post have me feeling very jealous indeed! I do feel rather guilty lamenting our over abundance of rain while others long for it, and I was very was very glad to see in both Megan (Dolly Henry) and Sarah's Here & Now posts that some rain has made it to my parched Australian Here & Now friends to green things up and lower the fire risks.  How lush things are looking in Sarah's latest post! BTW loving the blog/site mini-makeovers and new graphics, ladies!  Our Christmas break was quiet and relaxing - a little too relaxing perhaps!  I also enjoyed the blogging break and time to ponder, prep, and plan for the new year.  Time to get back into it and start working on making those plans into realities. :)

Curious to see more?  Let's stay in touch! You can follow along here at Green in Real Life (links on the sidebar) for my urban garden adventures with a sprinkle of everyday greener living, drop by Creativity Unmasked for my creative and crafty side, or head to the dogs at Dalmatian DIY for homemade treats, toys, and other pet posts. See you again soon! 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Such beautiful flower photos! I love the way water droplets look like sparkling beads on petals after rain. So pretty! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! I quite like them too - a little silver lining to all the wet weather. :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful flower pics. enjoy your rain - I'm watering nearly every day to keep my garden going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully a little rain will come your way soon.

      Delete
  3. I am loving all those beautiful flowers. My cucumbers are quite prolific this year, courgettes not very good, and one tomato plant has two tomatoes on it - the other has a lot that hopefully I will beat the birds too. Fresh blackberries sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! My cucumbers, courgettes, and squash haven't been liking their growing conditions this season. Even the passionfruit vines didn't want to set fruit this summer. :( The tomatoes, capsicum, and chilies do have plenty of flowers so they show promise as long as they can pollinate and I can keep them alive long enough to ripen and harvest. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. Just looking at your beautiful photos with the water droplets on the flowers makes me feel cooler already, heading for 39°C here in Adelaide today. Coffee is always good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is a wet and windy hibernate in a fleecy jumper kind of day over here - eek! I do have my coffee yet again though. Hehe.

      Delete
  5. How gorgeous are those dewy flowers! So, so pretty Laura!
    And I'm so excited to see you joining in Here & Now again this year - yay!
    And thank-you for your kind words re the graphics update, I'm in love with the little hedgehog :-)

    Happy New Year!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Sarah. :) It's always nice to catch up on everyone's latest and "meet" new people through your link-up.

      Delete

Thanks ever so much for leaving us a comment! We read every one and appreciate you taking the time to say hello and share your thoughts.