Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Here & Now


It's time for the August Here & Now post as part of the new monthly link-up hosted by  Sarah of Say! Little Hen (you can read more about the link-up here and please do join in!).  You can explore all of  this month's links from the August Here & Now at Say! Little Hen.  Since my fellow Here & Now writers always seem to make me feel hungry (pecan pie!), I decided to return the favour for this month's pictures. Mooohahaha... I am currently:

Loving //  A break in our wet weather, even if it did mean I had to catch up on my lawns/garden chores.
Eating //  Toasted walnuts on/in just about everything. Yum!
Drinking //  Lazy morning lattes with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Feeling //  Very naughty after eating two ginger slice hearts (I cracked the first popping it out of the cutter) plus all the off-cut pieces.
Making //  Toys and treats for Humphrey's second birthday next week (our youngest dog...yes...I am that kind of crazy person).
Thinking //  About cheating a little time from this afternoon's to-dos to relax in a sunbeam with a book.
Dreaming // About projects, projects, projects...

Since last month's Here & Now, I finished my shopping bags and have been busy with my seemingly endless list of projects and to-dos. The days have been getting longer (yeah!) but our wid-winter weather has been very cool and wet.  We've had plenty of hail recently (my poor garden!) but no snow, unlike much of the country which was blanketed last week.  The winter woolies are still getting a workout, but the sun feels fabulous this week!  I've lost count of how many loads of laundry I've done in the last few days, with all of the big blankets, dog beds, etc while I can dry them easily.  A small price to pay for some warm winter sunshine.

Curious to see more?  Let's stay in touch! You can follow along here at Green in Real Life (links on the sidebar) for my urban garden adventures with a sprinkle of everyday greener living, drop by Creativity Unmasked for my creative and crafty side, or head to the dogs at Dalmatian DIY for homemade treats, toys, and other pet posts. See you again soon!

8 comments:

  1. Well, your evil plan worked - your pictures have got me feeling hungry! Especially at the sight of that lovely pizza :-)
    I'm a little crazy about my dogs too....they're sort of like my children. But, what would be the point in having them if we didn't treasure them?

    Thank-you so much for joining in again Laura!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's always a pleasure to join in the link-up and catch up on everyone's Here & Now. Thank you for hosting us.

      Delete
  2. Yum those ginger hearts look delicious. We;re due more rain, so glad I got my lawns mowed last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious. When I first tasted ginger slice, I was anticipating caramel or maybe maple, and have to admit that I was pretty disappointed and yet intrigued. It's now a favorite treat, especially when it's cool.

      Delete
  3. Pizza, walnuts, cinnamon ... definitely hungry now, Laura. I think I might put pizza on the menu tonight! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, you did it! This post made me very very hungry! I think Humphrey is very lucky, I would totally do that for Henry (my little dog!) Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I have to confess that I love making them treats. It's fun (they get soooo excited in the kitchen) as well as much healthier... except when we're being naughty! :)

      Delete

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to leave us a comment - we read each and every one. We appreciate you taking the time to say hello and share your thoughts.